TADOBA....Jewel of Vidharbha
Notably Maharashtra's oldest and largest National Park, the "Tadoba National Park", also known as the "Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve" is one of India's 47 project tiger reserves existing in India. It lies in the Chandrapur district of Maharashtra state. the Tadoba National Park, created in the year 1955. The Andhari Wildlife Sanctuary was formed in the year 1986. The word 'Tadoba' is derived from the name of God "Tadoba" or "Taru," which is praised by local tribal people of this region and "Andhari" is derived from the name of Andhari river that flows in this area.
The total area under the Project Tiger is 1727.6 sq.km with core area being 625. 82 sq.km and the rest 1101.78 sq.km constitute the buffer zone. The core area concept denotes critical tiger habitat which is subject to intense conservation measures with human intervention being minimal.
According to the 2010 National Census on Tigers, there are about 43 tigers in the reserve, which is one of the highest in India. Here are some highlights of the park…
Telia Tigress- A mature tigress and an excellent mother Telia Tigress is the pride of Tadoba. She frequents the Telia Dam hence the name. Her territory encompasses about 20 sq km which is quite large. She has sired one litter of three cubs and tends four cubs which comprise of all females. The cubs have grown up and in the process of separating from the mother. The Telia Tigress is said to have mated again with the Bagdo Male and should give birth to another litter. The gestation period of tigress is three months or ninety days.
Bagdo Male- A huge male perhaps the largest at Tadoba is named after the Bagdo Area which it patrols regularly. The territory of this magnificent male is 60 sq.km and contains three females and some sub adult males. Males like these are the key to survival of tigers in India. In prime breeding state they can sire many litters of cubs from the females in their territories. They protect and guard their progeny and hence contribute to increase in tiger population.
Pandra Pauni Tigress- A tragic incidence of gangrene formation took away the life of this beautiful female. The female frequented Paundrapauni area and sired four cubs which are grow up. At the time of her death the tigress was carrying four unborn cubs.
Shivaji Tiger- The size of this male tiger defies imagination. It frequents the Kolsa Range and patrols around fifty square km. Though tigers change their territory often big males like Shivaji manage to hold the prime habitats throughout their youth. The best genes are passed by prime males which mate with equally well built females resulting in a stable breed. At the present count there are twenty males including sub adults, about twenty five females and many cubs. The total head count of tigers in Tadoba is around seventy five plus. The tigers face threat from poachers and incidence of poisoning. In spite of all the threats tigers in Tadoba survive and their number is increasing.
NOTE: Actual Itinerary may change at the time of tour depending upon the circumstances.
Stay : As per requirement stay would be in Dormitary or Resort.
Transport : Transport from Nagpur To Nagpur by private vehicle.
Commander Jeep & Guide will be provided for Safari
A Jeep can accomodated 6 passenger.
NOTE: We can customise the tour as per your requirements. This tour includes Train/Air travel as well as stay booking at site.... for that purpose plan your tour well in advance 4 months.
Tour Dates & Price:
Please contact our representative or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Between October and May every year.
1. Do Not Litter: Participants are requested to carry the waste back to the city and dispose it off in dustbins.
2. No Smoking and Alcohol: Smoking cigarette, chewing tobacco or related products and consuming alcohol is strictly prohibited on the trek. Anyone found in possession of the same or consuming it will be expelled from the trek. NO REFUND will be provided.
3. Respect the Heritage: Participants should not deface or damage any monument by writing or scribbling on them. Please help us to conserve and preserve our heritage.
4. Be a Group: It is of utmost importance that all participants stick together in the group, in the event of any ‘deviation’ by the participant without the consent of the ‘Trek Leader’, he/she/they will be considered as ‘Independent/s’ and will no longer be considered as a part of the group.
1. Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
2. In case of any injury, sickness, accident, death or any other casualty or loss or damage of valuables or luggage or any equipment; "Vatsaru Trekkers", it’s instructors, organizers, volunteers or any other person involved wholly or partially, either individually or jointly, shall not be responsible in any manner for the same and no claims of the participants, parents, guardians, relatives or friends of participants will be entertained.
3. Neither participants nor any event shall be insured by Vatsaru Trekkers, unless mentioned specifically.
4. All activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury. You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident/ Natural calamity can happen & you agree that organizer shall not be held responsible for the any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances (artificial or natural).
5. Any violation of the above rules will be dealt with seriously, and may involve expulsion from the trek or event, and no refund is admissible in such cases.
Last but not least: Any adventure activity is a disciplined fun. Respect nature & have Team attitude to more enjoy the trek. All rights reserved to the organizer for any last minute change in plan as per requirement.
It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking. While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check up done. If suffering from any kind of allergy or ailment, do carry proper prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia. Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc should seek their physicians advice before coming.
1. If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
2. If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded
3. After that no refund will be provided.